Powerline research: The "Smart Technology Planning" funding project (STeP) researches and designs new approaches for planning expansion measures in the electricity grid. A model-based Powerline Communication (PLC) planning methodology is used to develop practical communication solutions for the intelligent energy grid.
The goals of the project are
- the development of planning instruments for a holistic network planning,
- an improved network state detection,
- the development of measurement technology for the optimal use of existing network capacities
- and the development of secure information and communication technologies for the connection of network resources.
The developments are specifically accompanied by field and laboratory tests to ensure practical and realistic closeness.
devolo’s project contribution
- Development of PLC simulation environments for use in network planning, in order to minimize costs in the course of PLC installation and planning.