With 22 partners from 5 countries (Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and Slovakia) the EU project PROGRESSUS investigates how the climate protection goals 2030 can be achieved through concrete application scenarios and innovative models.
In the German consortium, partners from industry and research are working together on charging points with integrated storage batteries, which are connected to a micro grid and linked to the power grid. Hardware and system security of the micro grid are central components of the German research focus.
Decentralized energy management, Energy storage and communication between the charging points, which is secured by distributed databases (block chain), increase the stability of the power grid and make it easier to reduce peak loads.
This local and highly secure networking is the key for:
- a more efficient energy management,
- a better utilization of the power grid,
- the optimal integration of renewable energies, and finally
- the reduction of the overall energy demand.
devolo's project contribution
- devolo is developing an integrated value-added service platform that enables autonomous services such as energy management, e-mobility charge management or the design of innovative business models:
- Predictive Maintenance
- Direct integration of the payment systems of different providers into the charging infrastructure
- Development of a measuring platform for monitoring micro grids
- For secure data communication in the micro grid, devolo relies on broadband powerline technology (BPL)
- Harmonisation of the innovation approaches with the German Smart Grid concept – Standardisation with the German “Smart Meter Gateway” model
The project consortium in Germany
- Infineon Technologies AG
- CEUS UG
- devolo AG
- Mixed Mode GmbH
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen Nürnberg
- Technische Hochschule Köln
PROGRESSUS is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and the Electronic Components and Systems Joint Undertaking with funds from Europe's H2020 research programme.