No new drilling or cabling required
The installation cost and complexity of connecting ONT and home gateway are significantly reduced. The fiber extension is a simple way of avoiding unnecessary dust and dirt in your customer’s home as well as visible cabling. It also allows for a later relocation of the home gateway in the house.
Fast and easy installation
More installations per technician per day. The fiber extension works plug & play for an easy connection with the existing coax or phone line. This results in less time spent by your technician in your customer’s house.
Gigabit speed delivered E2E
The home gateway can stay where it belongs: in the center of the customer’s house – close to the user. This ensures, the full potential of the fiber connection is delivered end-to-end.
How it works
The gap between ONT and home gateway is closed in 3 simple steps:
- The first device of the fiber extension is connected to the ONT via Ethernet cable and receives the broadband signal.
- It transmits the broadband signal via an existing coax or phone line.
- The second device of the fiber extension receives the broadband signal, transporting it to the home gateway via Ethernet.
Result: The fiber’s Gigabit speed is delivered to all the end customer’s devices via the home gateway’s network ports, DECT and WiFi.
The fiber extension uses a coax or telephone line that is no longer needed to establish a connection of up to 2 Gbps. It is a flexible solution designed for all private houses within the FTTH/VHBB deployment area.
Product concept at a glance
- G.hn Wave-2 MIMO on coax or phone line with up to 200 Mhz
- 2 Gbps PHY rate
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet
- 740 Mbps symetric Full Duplex
- 950 Mbps asymetric Full Duplex
- 1x F-connector (SISO)
- 1x 4 wire phone line (MIMO) on RJ-45
Prototypes of the fiber extension are available for you to try our solution!
Benefits for you and your customers
- Whole-home WiFi coverage for the perfect user experience.
- No need to move the home gateway to the basement or utility room.
- Inexpensive alternative to the cost and time investment of laying additional cabling.
- No visible wiring – flexible solution for future.
- No loss of performance – full potential of fiber connection delivered end-to-end.
- Home gateway stays in the center of the home contributing to an optimal WiFi performance.
- The solution is designed to work with the existing wiring of all private houses.
- Fast and easy installation to cover more houses per day.
- The any-wire concept makes the solution suitable for many locations.
- One device fits almost all – less equipment needed on van.
Increase the efficiency of your FTTH rollout
The devolo Operator Solutions Team