devolo Magic 2 LAN means that the future belongs to multi-media. Streaming the latest blockbuster in 8K, surfing with amazing speed, playing online games with friends – you can do it all with the simple, elegant devolo Magic 2 LAN PowerlinePowerlinePowerline (Powerline Communication - PLC) describes a technology for using the power grid for data transmission. Without the need for complex and often expensive LAN cabling, a network can be implemented wherever power outlets are available.
Learn more adapter. As though through invisible channels, it brings the internet to right where you need it. Connect whatever terminal devices you want – Smart TV, console, or PC, for instance – with your home network and enjoy new, magical internet from your wall socket.
Please note: devolo Magic adapters are compatible with all routers, network devices, devolo Magic adapters and products certified by HomeGrid Forum. dLAN® Powerline adapters and other HomePlug AV products, including the devolo Outdoor WiFi Powerline adapter, are not supported.
Magic really is the secret here, as devolo Magic transforms your home in seconds into a futuristic multimedia temple that is ready for the future right now. And it offers so much more besides - more speed, more stability, more range and more Internet enjoyment. Bring the world to your home and experience magical moments together.
Amazingly fast, secure, and reliable – equip your home work station with magical internet and work becomes fulfilment. devolo brings the digital future to your home office: devolo Magic 2 LAN ensures security and an ultra-high transmission rate. You take care of the rest.
Experience the new digital freedom: Devolo Magic 2 LAN lets you enjoy the latest films in amazing 8K resolution – ultra-sharp and without irritating lags. Just connect your Smart TV to devolo’s magical home network and immerse yourself in the new multi-media future.
Immerse yourself together in online gaming worlds – devolo does the trick. Connect your game console or PC with the magical internet from the wall socket and let the gaming fun begin, alone or in multi-player battles. High-speed internet (2400 Mbps) means no lags or crashes.
Make sure you dream of the future!
Home office in the attic, smart home cinema in the basement, multi-player games in the conservatory – Magic 2 LAN makes things that were previously unimaginable possible. Simply plug in the single adapter, and the magic can begin. And with the Starter Kit, you new home network is set up in no time.
Intelligent Plug & Play also ensures fantastic convenience: Plug the Magic 2 LAN adapter into the power socket, and it performs installation in a twinkling. Meanwhile, you get to have fun surfing and streaming at ultra-high speed.
- It says UHD on the label, and that’s what’s inside: devolo Magic 2 LAN allows convenient surfing and work at high speed and lag-free streaming in 8K at a fantastic 2400 Mbps.
- Magical home network: Integrate all stationary terminal devices, such as Smart TV or console, into your network – the Gigabit LAN port does the trick.
- Unbelievable range: The magical internet has no trouble covering distances of up to 500 metres, opening up new rooms such as your attic, basement, or conservatory.
- Keep an eye on everything: The new user-friendly devolo app, which can be configured with enchanting ease, ensures that you have an eye on all connected adapters in your home network at all times.
- Fantastically uncomplicated: Thanks to intelligent Plug & Play, devolo Magic adapters connect with each other in a few seconds, and you can start surfing. Simply magical!
- Integrates all devices: Just use the devolo Magic adapter to connect your Smart TV, game console, or PC, and enjoy data transfer, surfing, and streaming without limits.
- Experience tomorrow – today: Magic 2 LAN’s G.hnG.hnG.hn is a technical standard developed by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and promoted by numerous organizations, including the HomeGrid Forum industry association.
Learn more standardisation equips you for the future right now. The Magic network can be used with all routers and is compatible with all Magic adapters and products certified by the HomeGrid Forum.
- We’ve thought of everything: devolo Magic 2 LAN lets you use any wall socket in your home without blocking it for other devices. The adapter is equipped with an integrated electrical socket with child safety.
- Fantastically sustainable: The devolo PowerSave technology detects which devices are actually switched on and adjusts the Magic network accordingly. This reduces the load on your power meter and ensures an optimal energy balance.
You dream of the future – and devolo Magic 2 LAN brings that dream home to you! The PowerlinePowerlinePowerline (Powerline Communication - PLC) describes a technology for using the power grid for data transmission. Without the need for complex and often expensive LAN cabling, a network can be implemented wherever power outlets are available.
Learn more adapter provides magical internet in any room and is incredibly fast at 2400 Mbps. Its intelligent Plug & Play also makes it fantastically simple to operate.
Connect the adapters to each other via the wall socket, and your magical network is ready to go. All Magic products can be used together and are compatible with routers of any type.
devolo Magic 2 LAN uses the innovative G.hnG.hnG.hn is a technical standard developed by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and promoted by numerous organizations, including the HomeGrid Forum industry association.
Learn more standard, is certified by the HomeGrid Forum, and prepares your home network for the future right now. The adapter also uses the especially effective MIMO transmission system, which performs far better than conventional SISO systems.
Magic 2 LAN is ideal for the following devices:
- NAS (Network Attached Storage)
- Game console
- Smart TV
Supported operating systems
- from Android 5.0
- from Windows 7
- from Mac OS X 10.9
- from iOS 9
- from Ubuntu-Linux 14.04
- 1x devolo MAGIC 2 LAN Adapter
- 1x Ethernet cable (2m)
- 1x installation guide
- 2x devolo MAGIC 2 LAN Adapter
- 2x Ethernet cable (2m)
- 1x installation guide
What data rates can I achieve with Magic 2?
Magic 2 products achieve unidirectional gross data throughput (i.e. including powerlinePowerlinePowerline (Powerline Communication - PLC) describes a technology for using the power grid for data transmission. Without the need for complex and often expensive LAN cabling, a network can be implemented wherever power outlets are available.
Learn more overhead) of up to 2400 Mbps under optimal operating conditions.
This theoretical, maximum data transmission rate is based on the technology specification under ideal conditions. Depending on the network environment (distance, network traffic, neighboring networks, noise on electrical lines, quality of electrical installation, etc.), the actual data rate may vary
Speed tests" performed with end devices such as smartphones or laptops refer to a bidirectional net data throughput (i.e. without powerline overhead), which is therefore not comparable and turns out to be lower than the gross data throughput on the powerline.
What hardware are Magic devices compatible with?
Magic devices are compatible with all routers and with products certified by the HomeGrid Forum. Magic devices with WiFi will network with any WiFi enabled devices (Tablets, Smartphones, etc.).
Do Magic devices also support older dLAN devices?
dLAN devices are not supported by the new generation of technology.
Can dLAN and Magic networks be used in parallel?
Using different adapters from devolo’s Powerline range may diminish network performance – best results are achieved with a magic-only network.
How are Magic devices installed?
The devices connect automatically. You do not have to do anything.
Is my home network consisting of Magic devices automatically secure after initial installation?
Yes. All Magic adapters work securely and with encryption.
How can I change the password for my home network?
You can do that either using the app or via cockpit.
Are supplementary Magic adapters also installed automatically?
No. You have to add the new device using one of the previously installed devices and by pressing a button. To do this, start by selecting an adapter from your existing network. Then press the encryption button of the new adapter.