Using the devolo Green PHY module V2 – based on the Qualcomm QCA7006 Powerline chip – a charging station can establish data communication with the connected electric vehicle. This is done in accordance with ISO 15118 using Powerline technology via the charging cable and enables secure authentication as well as extensive communication for the charging process
This allows the battery's state of charge to be reported back to the station, and the charging speed to be individually adapted to the battery equipment of the respective vehicle. Billing models and additional services can also be easily and reliably implemented by means of this Powerline connection between the charging station and the electric vehicle.
Coming soon: Green PHY Module V2
Communication between the charging station and the electric vehicle via Green PHY enables convenient charging without additional user actions. This way, the vehicle is directly identified at the charging station. Both the charging process and billing take place automatically.
Integrating Plug&Charge into AC charging stations also requires a corresponding communication via the charging cable. Just as in the case of fast-charging stations, the Green PHY module V2 is the ideal modular solution – and has long been part of the worldwide standard for charging cable communication.
- E-Mobility: Module for vehicle-to-grid communication for charging e-vehicles
- Internet of Things: Extensive application development kit including manual (https://github.com/devolo/dlan-greenphy-sdk)
- Rapid Prototyping: The module allows customer Powerline solutions to be developed for your prototypes
- Evaluation platform for the dLAN Green PHY modules over power, coaxial or twisted-pair cables
- Enables PLC-to-Ethernet bridging in the basic settings – that's how you get started with e-mobility without going to the effort of programming at the module
- 2 MikroElektronika Click Boards that can be integrated as a communication interface, sensor or actuator using an SDK
- Data communication between electric vehicle (EV) and charging station (EVSE)
- Standardised charging cable communication in accordance with ISO 150118
- Based on Qualcomm QCA7006 Green PHY chip
- Optimum time-to-market, thanks to integrated Ethernet and SPI port
Any more questions?
Feel free to contact us – we're here to assist you.