As the number of decentralised wind and solar energy systems (with fluctuating power infeed potential) continues to increase, the large-scale enera project is looking to make important gains in the successful integration of these energy systems by establishing smart grids covering extensive areas. The project involves 75 renowned companies, institutes and political players from the Northwestern Germany model region.
The implementation of intelligent technologies (particularly the interaction between energy infrastructure and information/communication infrastructure in a smart grid) will make future energy systems significantly more efficient. This will allow renewable energies to play an even more important role in the energy mix, paving the way for a sustainable power industry.
- Development of Multiple-Input Multiple-Output Broadband Powerline Communication (MIMO BPL Modem)
- Development of a process for the rollout of intelligent measurement systems
- Provision of Smart Meter Gateways according to enera specific requirements
- Connection of the Smart Meter Gateway to the Smart Home System of the final consumer
- Connection of flexibilities (e.g. biogas plants, combined heat and power plants, water storage, photovoltaic plants) to the Smart Meter Gateway